Through deep and enduring consulting engagements with innovative education organizations and schools, The Praxis Group acts as a thought-partner for instructional technology integration in support of modern and future school cultures and pedagogies.
- We work alongside schools, districts and education focused organizations to amplify instructional return on technology investments.
- We work alongside ed-tech providers and startups to:
- support product and market research,
- guide business development
- build and foster mutually beneficial feedback loops between providers and school communities.
- We work within the ed-tech startup community to catalyze impactful innovations in education technology.
As the Chief of Innovation , Technology and Operations at KIPP SoCal Public Schools, Matthew supported 19 schools serving over 8,300 students, focusing on innovations in teaching and learning through strategic integration of technology to deliver a rich, personalized learning experience for all students while reducing the administrative burdens on teachers.
Matthew supports schools and districts on maximizing educational return on technology investments through the strategic implementation of flexible and scalable IT infrastructures and personalized and blended learning instructional models.
Matthew advises education focused technology start-ups, venture capitalists, incubators and accelerators around product and business development by drawing on broad experience in education and technology.
Matthew holds an M.A. in Philosophy and Education from Teachers College at Columbia University and 20+ years of experience in multiple technology and education roles in both the private and not-for-profit sectors
Some of our selected experiences and expertise:
- Technology and innovation vision-planning, strategy, design, implementation and support
- Fostering communities of practice around instructional innovation, personal learning and technology integration
- Building and mentoring technology and innovation teams (service/help desk, systems administrators, network engineers, developers, instructional experts, etc.)
- Blended and personal learning models
- Actively involved in instructional innovation professional learning communities (ASU+GSV, ISTE, CETPA, iNacol, CUE, #edchat, etc.)
- Google Apps / G-Suite for EDU (Google Trusted Trainer)
- Vendor relationships (procurement of goods and services, contracts, mediation, etc.)
- Drafting IT processes and IT policies for students, faculty, staff, employees and systems administrators such as IT Security, Disaster Preparedness, Acceptable Use Policies, Copyright Infringement Response, Data Breach Response, etc.
Matthew presenting at Harvard GSE/CEPR "What Works in Blended Learning"
St. Anne School, Santa Monica, CA
Tile installed as part of mosaic at Saint Anne School, Santa Monica in honor of presenting at the first Saint Anne School Blended Learning Summit in 2014.